I decided to take a walk down my blogging memory lane tonight and had fun reading old posts – and realized that it has been exactly 9 months and 12 days since I posted last. I’m great at writing regularly, wouldn’t you say?? I think I may give this blogging thing another go, but let myself off the hook by not setting predetermined days to blog … funny how life always seemed to get in the way of those set days!!
So, let me catch you up quickly on the happenings of those months and days …
1. Biggest news – we are expecting our third little boy on January 5, 2012 and we couldn’t be more thrilled!! Captain, our oldest, is so excited about having a new baby brother and wants to tell him that on a daily basis … Engineer, our current youngest, is much more excited about poking me very hard in the belly everyday and proclaiming “Baby!!! Tom out Baby!!” He has not a clue what is going on! 🙂
2. I am homeschooling Captain this year for Junior Kindergarten and although it has definitely been an experience in getting this teacher back in the grove again, I am so glad that we decided to take this path. Captain loves his schoolwork and can hardly wait for school days. He pushes me every day to engage him and encourage his natural learning tendencies and I love the challenge!!
3. I am very happily getting involved at our church. The boys love their Sunday School classes and are doing so well – it makes this Momma’s heart very pleased. I feel so blessed that my little family is able to attend and participate in our church.
4. Chief bought me an iPhone for my “baby” gift early so that I can have fun playing with it before I have a new baby that thinks my sole purpose in life is to feed, change and rock him … which is truly how I feel too 🙂 Anyway, I digress … this genius little thing has made me the most productive that I’ve probably been in 5 years. It tells me when to do lots of stuff and since I’m such a list-checker, I am motivated to get lots of stuff done.
5. That great motivator has backfired a few times though, as Baby #3 isn’t as convinced that I need to reinvent our world while I’m growing him. Humph. He will learn 🙂
6. Well, that pretty well catches you up to the present. Here are a couple of pictures of my little boys so that you are caught up in how they look these days too …
Have a fabulous week!