Ever have things floating around in your head that you wish people knew, but you were a little afraid to voice them? Or weird little quirks that are uniquely you? Well, I know I do! So, without further ado … here is my list of 25 things that make me, me.
1. I love to collect cook books, cooking magazines, recipes from friends. And I read my cookbooks like most people read a novel. Front to back.
2. I would prefer that my food not touch the other items on my plate, and I eat one group of food at a time.
3. I am always very quick to stand up for those I love and what I believe in. It can be a very good quality, but it has also gotten me in major trouble before.
4. I miss my Mom and Dad (they live about 1000 miles away) so bad at times that I physically hurt.
5. I try to “rationalize” series of numbers. Like 2412 = 2 plus 4 equals 6, which doubled equals 12. Crazy math stuff like that!
6. I am not fond of cleaning but love a clean house. I honestly feel so confident and ready to conquer the world when my house is clean.
7. If I don’t get a chance to make my bed in the morning, I have to make it before I go to bed. A messy bed drives me batty.
8. I love my boys dearly, but I always sigh a sigh of relief when it is bedtime. And then an hour later I go in and snuggle them and listen to their breathing. Sometimes a Momma just needs a break!!
9. Red and pink are my favorite colors.
10. I wish that I could see my birth father just once (he died when I was 7) and show him how successful I have become (great husband, beautiful kids, fabulous relationship with my Mom and adopted Dad).
11. I thought I was honestly going crazy until I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Now I feel like I’m becoming normal again.
12. Even though I know it’s normal, it hurts when my kids go through their “daddy only” phase.
13. Seeing Christopher dressed up (especially in his pilot uniform) honestly still makes my stomach flip – in a totally good way.
14. I am not fond of folding up clean laundry. It usually doesn’t get put away until I run out of laundry baskets to put the clean laundry in.
15. Everyone thinks that I am quite outgoing (and I love being with people!) but I usually get physically ill if I know that I am going to have to meet new people.
16. If I have to stay home for more than two days I start to feel like I’m getting hives. I have to get out and see people!!
17. I can’t stand the feel or sound of cotton balls. Fingernails on a chalkboard? No problem. Pull a cotton ball out of a medecine bottle if I’m in the room? I almost come unglued. I even have to slightly wet Q-Tips before I clean my ears with them because the sound of cotton in my ear is almost too much. Aren’t you glad that you now know that??
18. My irrational fear is of police cars. I associate them with bearers of news of death of a loved one.
19. I would love to have a daughter someday. But it really irritates me when people ask me if we are going to try for a third child so that I will finally get my girl. I love my boys and wouldn’t trade them for a million girls!!
20. I’d like to have 5 kids, but the thought of more than three kids almost makes Christopher ill!!
21. I daydream about what our (Christopher and I) relationship was like when we were first dating and I love seeing couples who are obviously in that “no one else matters but us” relationship phase. Saying that, I wouldn’t trade what I have with my husband for that for anything.
22. I love to organize things and move furniture around. It is like having a brand new room every time!!
23. I must have all the clean dishes lined up “right” (my definition of what right is! ) in the dishrack, or it drives me nuts.
24. Every time I talk to someone I am constantly thinking of things that I like about that person. It makes it so that I am rather awkward at conversation sometimes. I wish that I could tell those people what I like about them. I am trying to do this more.
25. My mind never shuts off – I honestly think about 5 or 6 major things all the time and it drives me nuts, but I can’t seem to get it to stop doing that.
I invite you to play along on your blog too. If you do, leave the link in the comments section and I will add it here. Have fun!